Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bad day box

Finished my first altered matchbox.  The ones that I've seen on Craftster are done with the smaller matchboxes, but since I have issues with dexterity in my hands because of Psoriatic Arthritis I decided to start with a larger one.  I still need to make a matchbook to describe everything in the box for her, but otherwise it's done.

This is my sister's Bad Day box.  When she's having a bad day there's things in here to bring her a smile.

Finished box.  Her favorite flower is a Alstoemeria and this is my attempt at making one out of clay.



Inside we have a mustache (sometimes we just need to pretend we are someone else), tea (tea makes every day a little better), kitty(she loves cats but her hubs is allergic), flying pig (sometimes things will only happen when pigs fly, and recognizing that is a good thing),  daffodil (my favorite, and her other favorite),  key (she has the key to every problem inside her),  fairy dust (it might not fix everything, but throwing it on someone who's giving you a hard time will sure make you laugh),  glittery flashlight (sometimes we need a light to show us the way out of the dark),  tea house (again with tea makes things better),  teenage mutant ninja turtle (no reason, it just makes me laugh),  and finally the picture of herself because she should always remember she is who she is and that is a beautiful, wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment